Peer-to-peer rental of parking spaces
If you want to rent out an empty parking place that you own or have sole use of, for example during you workday or vacation, you can post an ad for the space on a website or application created for this purpose.
Check, for example the following, in advance:
- The responsibilities of the platform or application provider
- How payments are made
- Does your private insurance cover any damages that might happen while renting out or do you need separate insurance for this?
- How possible problems will be dealt with?
Even if you only receive rental income occasionally, you must pay a tax on the income. You can deduct expenses you have incurred from renting out
- your residence and which are directly related to the renting activity
- general expenses for the period the property is rented out.
The sales price for the shares of a parking place cannot be deducted and nor can it deducted as rental income.
For more information, see the Finnish Tax Administration website.